Use of Our Website
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
If you visited this site via a Google advert, then our Google AdWords application may store information regarding your search keywords, IP address and geographical location, but does not store any personal identifying information about you. Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage does not store or process the Google AdWords data, and does not pass it on to any 3rd party.
We will obtain your personal data: your name, email, telephone number when you fill in our contact form. If you volunteer your personal data by completing our contact form we will use it to get in touch with you in order to respond to your query. (currently don’t have website sign up form – may add!)
We do not store nor process any such information and we do not pass it on to any 3rd party.
How We Use Your Personal Data at Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage
For the purposes of providing sports massage treatment, the therapists at Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage require detailed medical information. We have a legal obligation to maintain medical notes relating to your treatment, including associated correspondence such as referral letters and reports. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. We require your name, address and date of birth to identify your records correctly. When you visit our practice, we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health. This data is always held securely and is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment. It is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit consent to allow Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage to document and process your personal medical data.
Medical and Consultation Forms will be completed and signed during your first appointment. Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment. As part of our obligations as primary healthcare practitioners there may be circumstances related to your treatment, on-going care or medical diagnosis that will require the sharing of your medical records with other healthcare practitioners e.g Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, GPs, consultants, surgeons and/or medical insurance companies. Where this is required we will always inform you first unless we are under a legal obligation to comply.
Your medical records are stored on paper in a locked filing cabinet. These are only accessible by therapists at Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage. They are not passed on to any third party, except; other healthcare professionals, another therapist at Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage or if you should relocate or if ownership of this practice changes and your insurance company or legal representative in the case of a medico-legal investigation. We would not do so without your consent.
We are required by law and to comply with our insurance policy, to keep your medical records for seven years after your most recent appointment. For minors who have received treatment, records are retained for seven years post their 18th Birthday. After this period you can ask us to delete your records should you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at any point in the future.
You may request a copy of your records, free of charge, at any time. We aim to do so within 10 working days, which will comply with the statutory maximum of 30days.
Provided we have your consent, we would like to contact you via SMS message, email or Whatsapp to confirm your appointments, send reminder messages prior to your appointment, or with information and advice relating directly to your appointment. Should you choose to contact Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage via social media message facilities, you are including them in your consent. Under the GDPR, this is known at Legitimate Interest.
We may also contact you with information (e.g. newsletters) that you may find of interest regarding our services or with requests for feedback. Consent to contact you with marketing emails is obtained by signing the consultation form during your first appointment. If you would prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications, you may subsequently withdraw your consent at any time using the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of any newsletter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This also constitutes Legitimate Interest under GDPR.
Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage will keep your personal information safe and secure, only staff engaged in providing your treatment will have access to your patient records. Therapists will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. The practice may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point whilst Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage are in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage) that have determined how to process your data and why.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- Evidence of this information if the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority the ICO.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning 07810627867 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO – please see the details below.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Helen Trehane is the Data Protection Officer for Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage.
Telephone 07810627867 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Rhomboids Sports & Remedial Massage, Cheetahs Gym, Kingsway, Hove, BN3 2WW.